What to do Before Booking a Travel Appointment
- Using the NaTHNaC travel website - https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/countries look at the information on the vaccines, malaria prevention and infectious diseases, in relation to the countries you will be visiting.
- Use the information to decide which vaccines etc. you think you will need at your travel appointment.
- Please complete the attached form prior to booking an appointment - Foreign Travel Risk Assessment Form
- Please note there are charges for some vaccines as not all travel services are available on the NHS (Please see the table below).
When Booking an Appointment
- Please try to book an appointment as soon as you know you will be travelling. Ideally at least 6 weeks before, but earlier if you think you will need Hepatitis B
- If possible, please print off the information from the NaTHNaC travel website (please see above), and bring this to your consultation.
* If for some reason you are unable to access the form or additional information online, please let reception know and we can help with this.
Travelling in Europe
If you are travelling to Europe the EU has published useful information for travellers on the European website.
Current Cost for Travel Vaccinations
Please see below information on the vaccines you may need and what cost they be to you
|Diptheria/Tetanus/Polio||Funded by NHS|
|MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)||Funded by NHS|
|Hepatitis A||Funded by NHS|
|Hepatitis B||£30 each|
|Twinrix (hep A & hep B)||Funded by NHS||To have this vaccine set NHS criteria must be met|
|Typhoid||Funded by NHS|
|Rabies||£54 each||Can have 3rd vaccine at 21 days if necessary|
|Cholera||Funded by NHS|
|Japanese Encephalitis||Price on request||Vaccines ordered after payment. Usually arrive within 2 days|
|Meningitis ACWY||£10 + vaccine cost||Unless eligible under set NHS criteria|
|Ticke Borne Encephalitis||Price on request||Vaccines ordered after payment. Usually arrive within 2 days|
|Yellow Fever||£52 inc certificate|