FEEDBACK AND COMPLAINTS
Please give us your feedback
It is important that we know what is going well, and what could be improved. You can give us your feedback in a number of ways:
- Contact the Management Team at Porter Brook Medical Centre
- Complete the Friends and Family Test Family & Friends Test
- Leave a review at careopinion.org.uk
- Comments and Feedback please click here
- Join our Patient Representative Group - please click here for the latest Patient Representative Group minutes
- Every year there is a national GP Patient Survey. The survey is sent to a sample of patients during January to March. If you are sent the survey, please fill it in.
We try to provide the best service possible, but sometimes things do go wrong. We always try to learn and improve from complaints.
If you make a complaint we will:
- Acknowledge your complaint within three working days
- Offer to discuss your complaint with you and agree a timeframe for responding
- Investigate and respond to your complaint fully
You can find out more about our complaints process here
How to complain
You can make your complaint directly to the practice or to NHS England.
How to complain to the practice:
You can make your complaint verbally or in writing. Please make your complaint in the way that is most convenient for you
- Phone: please call the surgery on 0114 2636100 and ask to speak to one of the Team Leaders
- In person: please ask to speak to one of the Team Leaders
- Email: email@example.com
- In writing: please complete our Complaints form here or write to the Management Team at Porter Brook Medical Centre, 9 Sunderland Street Sheffield S11 8HN
If you have any communication needs please let us know so that we can meet your needs during the complaints process.
How to complain to NHS England:
You can complain or give feedback:
PO Box 16738
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (If you are making a complaint please state: ‘For the attention of the complaints team’ in the subject line)
Phone: 0300 311 22 33
For more information go to https://www.england.nhs.uk/contact-us/complaint/complaining-to-nhse/
Help with making a complaint
Sheffield Advocacy Hub can provide information on the complaints process, and if necessary, support you to make your complaint. Their support is free, confidential and independent of the NHS.
Phone: 0800 035 0396
The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman:
If you are not happy with how we deal with your complaint, and would like to take the matter further, you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman. The Ombudsman makes final decisions on complaints. Their service is free for everyone.
Phone: 0345 015 4033
Text ‘call back’ with your name and mobile number to 07624 813 005. The text will be charged at your standard text rate. You will receive a call back within one working day at no cost to you.
Use the complaint form: https://www.ombudsman.org.uk/making-complaint/complain-us-getting-started/complaint-forms